Bluestone underlies more of Earth’s surface than any other rock type. Volcanic in origin, Bluestone is an extremely dense and hardwearing material. Dependent on the endemic region of the product as well as the finish; the colour possibilities are abundant in hues of Anthracite, Gunmetal blue, Inky-Black, Denim Blue and faded-emerald green.
Bluestone is the perfect fit for your landscaping needs, the hues of the stone are a striking contrast to the beautiful green foliage and vibrant splashes of colourful flowers. This dynamic stone will transform your backyard to a peaceful paradise.
Come visit our Design Center in Stafford to explore this product further and many more options. Read More
Bluestone Tiles offer a Unique Look For Brisbane Homes
Here’s the big question: what exactly are bluestone tiles and how are they formed? Maybe you’ve seen this term in magazines, on design programmes, or maybe you have never come across it before. Also known as basalt, bluestone is formed from volcanic lava, which we think makes it just about as cool as an igneous rock can be! When lava rapidly cools, bluestone is formed- giving us a natural, raw feel and texture. This gritty and volcanic tile is a very popular choice amongst designers and architects, and it’s no surprise either, given its superior performance and unique look.
Why Choose Bluestone?
Here are just a few good reasons to choose bluestone for your Brisbane home.
- Tough and hardworking – It’s hard to get better than bluestone when it comes to resilience. Hard wearing and strong, these tiles stand up to every stress test to last through it all. Bluestone is an investment for the future, as you won’t need to replace these tough floor tiles any time soon! Suitable for use as inside and outdoor tiles, bluestone weathers every storm, which is why it’s used not just in residential properties, but commercial ones too!
- Texture and colour – It’s little wonder why people fall head over heels for this natural stone. Dark blue, charcoal and grey swirl together to create this contemporary look that serves as a perfect back drop to foliage and water. Available in two finishes, Sandblasted and Brushed or Honed, you can customise the finish to one that eventuates the rough side or smooth gloss of the stone.
- Less slippery – This stone is really popular for poolside areas, as the finish lends itself to a better grip underfoot. Bluestone is porous, rough in texture and retains heat, so water is dispersed and evaporates easily. Talk to our consultants about the best ways to achieve a safe pool area for your guests, we can help you select the right finish to increase surface friction.
- Warm underfoot – As a volcanic rock, bluestone’s darker pigments retain heat and create a cosy under-foot warmth. Loved by felines everywhere, if you like to bask in the sun then these tiles might be for you! Talk to us about direct sunlight, though, as some areas may get too toasty for toes!
- Available in a variety of sizes – We are Brisbane’s premier bluestone supplier and stock bluestone in just about every size, all the way up to our giant 800×400 option. Don’t worry, we can talk you through the selections and make sure you get the right size and quantity.
Consult Our Brisbane Designers & See How Bluestone Could Work For You
Whether you are starting from scratch or renovating a well-loved home, Stone & Tile Studio can help you make design choices that will enhance the value and look of your project. You can book a session with one of our design consultants, free of charge, at our beautiful Stafford showroom. To book, simply fill out our contact form with your details and we’ll endeavour to get right back in touch with you to arrange a suitable time and date.
Sandblasted & Brushed
External Wall Cladding
Vehicular Access Zones
Stairs and Landings
Feature Wall & Columns
Entertainment Area Floors
External areas Undercover and Open Air